Fungal diseases are the most common diseases in environment and are often caused by fungi and are capable to affect anyone. Normally fungi are not dangerous but if theses health conditions are not treated well on time can be seriously harmful to our health. Mild fungal diseases of skin just look like a simple rash and redness of the skin. Fungal diseases of the lungs are very much similar to tuberculosis. These diseases can affect anyone and can appear on any part of our body. Small babies with thrush, female with vaginal discharge, jock with athlete’s foot are the common examples of diseases caused by fungi.
Fungi are the micro-organisms that are basically characterised by a substance name chitin present on the cell wall. There are multiple types of fungi present in the environment. Mushrooms are the example of edible fungi that causes no harm to human body on the other hand aspergillus is one other type of fungi that is extremely dangerous to human body and causes life threatening diseases.
Harmful fungi are not present in the human body, they get a way to go inside your body and colonize themselves and causes serious infections. These infections can be contagious. Diseases can spread from one person to another. Contaminated soil, surface, water and infectious animals are the major sources to spread infection.
Types of fungal diseases-
Most common fungal diseases include-
- Fungal nail infections- common infection of finger nails and toenails.
- Vaginal candiasis- caused by yeast candida and it is also called vaginal yeast infection.
- Ringworm – common fungal infection of skin and look like a circular rash.
- Candida infections of mouth, throat and oesophagus- caused by candida and also called “thrush”.
Fungal diseases that affect people who live or travel from one place to another-
- blastomycosis – caused by fungus blastomyces.
- Cryptococcus gattii- caused by cryptocococcus gattii.
- paracoccidioimycosis- caused by fungi paracoccidiodes
- coccidioidomycosis – also called valley fever and caused by coccidiodies.
- histoplasmosis – caused by fungus histoplasma.
Fungal diseases that affect people with weakened immune system-
- aspergillosis- caused by aspergillus, a common mold lives outdoor and indoor.
- candida auris infection
- Invasive candiasis- infection that affect the blood, heart, brain, eyes and bones of hospitalized persons.
- pneumocystis pneumonia
- Cryptococcus neoformans infection
Other health troubles caused by fungi-
- fungal eye infection
Symptoms of fungal diseases-
Symptoms of fungal diseases depend upon the part of the body that is affected. Severity of symptom is from mild to major depending upon the infection spread on the particular area of the body.
Skin related symptoms-
- rashes and redness of skin
- infected skin become soft and start to peel off
- cracking of skin
- burning sensation
Symptoms of yeast infections-
- itching and swelling around vagina
- painful micturition
- pain during intercourse
- redness and soreness around vagina
- unusual and foul smelly discharge
- fungal infections of toenails and fingernails
Modes of transmission of fungal infections-
- human to human transmission
- animal to human transmission
- touching of infected objects
- soil transmission
ayurvedic outlook of fungal diseases-
Skin is the very common organ that is affected easily by fungal infections and fungal diseases. According to Ayurveda fungal diseases of skin are categorized under “kustha roga”. kustha roga is caused by vitiation of tridosha and four dushyas. It is further divided into two types-
- kshudra kushtha
In kustha roga one major and important symptom is discolouration and redness of skin. Fungal diseases comes under dadru kustha. It has reddish coloured pidaka (lesions) in the form of mandala (round) and itching is radiated to the borders is known as dadru. dadru is basically kapha-pitta pardhana twak vikara.
According to Ayurveda dadru kushtha spread from one person to another by malaja krimi, through sweda (sweat). By sharing towel, bed sheets, soaps and handkerchiefs of infected person these krimi (micro-organisms) invade to body of a healthy person.
- kandu (itching)ssons
- raga (redness)
- pidaka (papules)
- mandala (lesions are elevated)
Best ayurvedic treatment for fungal diseases with herbs-
As we all know that infectious fungal diseases come among the most important disorders worldwide. Herbs and medicinal plants are the one most common source of anti-microbial agents. Depending upon the symptoms and main dosha involved in fungal diseases, parkriti of the patient and seasons, different ayurvedic herbs are available to treat these fungal diseases at our suyogya ayurvwellness.
To manage fungal infections nature has serve us with so many herbs and common herbs used to cure fungal diseases include- neem (azadirachta indica), guduchi (tinospora cordifolia), haridra (curcuma longa), mustak (Cyprus rotundus), vidanga (embelia ribes) and vacha (acorus calamus) are the herbs used to cure fungal diseases. All these herbs are easily available at our pharmacy suyogya ayurwellness. These herbs are the natural way to resolve fungal diseases without any harmful side effects. All the above mentioned herbs are anti-microbial in nature.
- neem is used in the detoxification of blood, regular use of herb neem help to purify the toxins present in the blood and help to improve overall immunity.
- guduchi is effective anti-oxidant herb and regular use of this herb help to stimulate our immune system. It also help to reduce the fever in body caused by accumulation of fungal cells in human body.
- hardira or haldi is best anti-inflammatory herb of Ayurveda. Regular use of this herb help to combat against the serious inflammation and redness over infected areas caused by fungal infections.
- mustak is again a powerful herb used to treat fungal infections caused by candida. Regular intake of this herb help to reduce the swelling and soreness of vagina caused by candida.
- vidanga also help to expel out the fungal microbes from the body. It has very strong anti-microbial properties and regular use of this herb on skin help to cure fungal infections. It help to improve the discolouration of skin caused by fungal diseases.
- vacha is very effective herb of Ayurveda that help to fight against the fungal infections of mouth, throat and oesophagus. It help to reduce the redness and swelling of throat and give satisfactory relief.
Some precautionary measures to avoid fungal infections-
- Stop sharing your soaps, clothes, shoes, bed sheets and towels.
- avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and footwear,
- Take extra care in extreme humid and hot temperatures.
- Avoid use of perfumes and sprays directly to your skin.
- Make personal hygiene your first priority.
- Take healthy and rich diet to enhance your immunity.
The above Blog is published by Suyogya Ayurwellness Pvt Ltd. – Contact for Ayurvedic Wholesale Products Supplier.