In this modern era disorders associated with genital organs are increasing very fast. Both males and females are fighting against various disorders due to improper eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, and emotional, physical and hormonal stress. Leucorrhoea is a very common disorder that mostly females are coping these days. It is a secretion of white discharge from vagina accompanied by serious inflammation, redness and irritation of genital parts mainly vagina. No doubt there are multiple medicines available but we never deny the complications of regular use of all those medicines.
Leucorrhoea may be defined as the condition of continuous discharge from vagina white, yellowish and or greenish in colour depending upon the severity of infection in females. Every female experiences this condition once in her lifetime. Normally it has little secretion that is not harmful. The situation becomes more complicated and frustrating when this discharge gets armed with foul smells along with inflammation and irritation. Main genital organs infected in this disease are vagina, fallopian tubes, cervix and ovaries.
Poor hygiene, low immunity of genital organs and infections are the major causes of this serious trouble in females. It has an offensive odour along with inflammation, itching, pain and serious irritation. In some cases it is considered as underlying symptom of particular disease. Bacteria and yeast are the major micro-organisms that are responsible for causing abnormal infections. But in sexually transmitted diseases some viruses are also responsible to cause serious infections. Gonorrhoea and chlamydia are the major bacterium and virus responsible for these such infections. All these micro-organisms have potency to irritate the mucus membrane of genital organs and are able to secrete excess amount of mucous mixed with high amounts of pus.
Common symptoms that are associated with this serious trouble are-
- Thick and curd like vaginal discharge
- Foul smell
- Irritation in vaginal region
- Inflammation around vagina and mucus membrane of genital organs
- Painful urination
- Pain in pelvic region
- Vaginal bleeding
- Behaviour changes
- Pain in lumbar region and calves
- Burning sensation along with constipation
Causes of leucorrhoea-
The major causes associated with this problem include-
- Poor hygiene
- Low immunity
- Hormonal imbalance
- Local injuries in genital organs
- Health complications like anaemia and diabetes
Types of leucorrhoea-
Leucorrhoea is further divided into two sub-types that are-
- Physiological leucorrhoea – it is basically the leucorrhoea that is defensive in nature. Main purpose of this type of leucorrhoea is to lubricate the vaginal tract in females. It helps to maintain the chemical balance and to increase the flexibility of muscles of genital tract. In pregnant females this type of leucorrhoea is very common and it also passes from mother to newly born female child. It is not harmful type of leucorrhoea and with extra care and hygiene it disappears.
- Inflammatory leucorrhoea– this type of leucorrhoea occurs due to serious inflammation of vaginal muscles. Major causes for onset of this type of leucorrhoea are bacterial infections and sexually transmitted diseases. In this type of leucorrhoea discharge is yellowish in colour, excessively thick and very foul smelling.
Ayurvedic aspect of leucorrhoea-
According to Ayurveda “shweta pradara” is the term used for leucorrhoea. In Ayurveda all these gynaecological disorders are described under “yonivyapada”. Word shweta means white and word pradara means- discharge, in simple words we can say that white vaginal discharge is called shweta pradara. Main causative factor responsible for onset of this disease is aggravation of kapha dosha. Excessive accumulation of kapha dosha in body is responsible to impair rasa dhatu present in genital tract and causes whitish discharge. Weak and anaemic females are at the major risk of this disease. Poor hygiene and low immunity are the other factors that are connected with onset of this disease.
Ayurveda herbs to cure leucorrhoea-
Ayurveda provides excellent health benefits with the treatment of diseases. But main purpose of at Suyogya Ayurwellness is to find out the main cause of the disease and to diminish the major roots of disease. Lodhra, ashoka, udumbur,shuddha gandhak are the herbs and minerals used to fight against leucorrhoea available at Suyogya Ayurwellness. Regular use of all these herbs helps to fight against the chronic infections and improve the overall health of female genital organs. Use of these herbs and minerals helps to strengthen female genital muscles and give satisfactory relief without any side effects.
- Lodhra (symplocos racemosa) – All the females are facing various troubles due to hormonal and emotional stress and lodhra is one of effective herb of Ayurveda to cope with this problem. lodhra is one important herb to treat the irregular periods, leucorrhoea, hormonal misbalance, skin disorders, acne, pimple, menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding during periods. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-androgenic and anti-oxidant herb of Ayurveda. It is magical remedy to cope with numerous gynaecological problems and hormonal ailments like- menopause, menstrual disorders, dysmenorrhoea, amenorrhoea, breast tumours, yeast infections and leucorrhoea etc. Lodhra is also very effective detoxifying agent and it helps to remove toxins from the body and give satisfactory relief.
- Ashoka (saraca asoca) – Herb ashoka is very beneficial to balance vata dosha in body and it is used to manage various female disorders like leucorrhoea, dysmenorrhoea and menorrhagia. Due to its cold potency this herb is also beneficial to treat piles. Use of this herb helps to reduce the pain, cramps and excessive bleeding during menstruation. Regular use of this herb helps to remove harmful toxins from body. Ashoka helps to reduce the accumulation of bad cholesterols in body and improve the overall health of our heart.
- Gular (ficus glomerata) – Gular is again very effective herb of Ayurveda that potent against chronic bacterial and yeast infections and give satisfactory relief. Regular use of this herb helps to boost the production of red blood cells in body and it is very effective remedy to prevent anaemia. It is very effective anti-oxidant herb that helps to enhance immunity and to remove harmful toxins and micro-organisms from body. Regular use of this herb helps to manage stress and sleeping disorders caused by hormonal distress. It helps to prevent cramps and improve overall health of muscles of genital organs.
- Shuddha Ghandhak – shuddha gandhak is best mineral of Ayurveda that has strong anti-microbial properties. It helps to cure the chronic bacterial and fungal infections. Regular use of this herb helps to relieve vulvo-vaginal itching, irritation and burning sensation. It helps to control abnormal vaginal discharge. It copes with chronic fungal infections and urinary tract infections. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce chronic inflammation of vagina in leucorrhoea.
Preventive measures for leucorrhoea-
- Wash genital organs after using washrooms to avoid the invasion of harmful micro-organisms.
- Wear soft cotton underpants and avoid the use of synthetic and nylon wears.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Maintain proper hygiene and wash your undergarments in hot water using antibiotic solutions. Dry them under the sun.
- Avoid having spicy and fried foods.
- Avoid foods made with white flour and white sugar products.
- Avoid excess use of tea, coffee, alcohol and sugary products.
- Avoid tinned and canned foods.
The above Blog is published by Suyogya Ayurwellness Pvt Ltd. – Contact for Ayurvedic Medicine Home Delivery.